this one was tricky. my online inspiration was for a very different shape and sized grill so i really had to forge my own way. i ran out of fabric more than once as i needed at least 2x the amount that i originally thought!
this project was very cumbersome given the size and weight of the fabric. but i got some great tips from a sweet woman at my local fabric shop: 1) put masking tape on the foot of the sewing machine so that it doesn’t stick to the oil cloth! 2) use masking tape rather than pins to hold the fabric together since with oil cloth the holes don’t close up like with other softer fabrics. she saved me a lot of frustration!
the cover had just been shipped across the country and back to my parents house in PA so it’s a little wrinkly in the photo, but miraculously it fit perfectly! i couldn’t be happier….